Tory Radio: You really couldnt make it up!

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

You really couldnt make it up!

It clearly isn't just Tory Radio that has some interesting stories on it. On the way home I was listening to the radio and the following story (paraphrased) just beggars belief.

A failed asylum seeker (point 1) crashed his uninsured car (point 2) and then jumped bail (point 3). Apparently he cant be deported (point 4) so the authorities will keep an eye on him (point 5).

Is it me? Am I unreasonable? BUT.... aren't there 5 reasons to be pretty outraged about this?

What would happen if I didn't have insurance?
What if I jumped bail?
Would I be allowed to stay in a country like the US without a work permit?
Would I be put in jail after point 2 and 3???

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Based on the current laws on "migrants" in the US, yes, you could stay in the country. You would be in line for one of the new "guest worker" amnesty permits.

6:09 am  
Blogger Ellee Seymour said...

I guess we pride ourselves on being a civilised nation and treat others as we treat our own. It's a system that's open for exploitation and one reason why we are so popular with migrants.

10:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PodcastAlley.com Feeds Listed on BlogShares