Tory Radio: Tebbit talks to Tory Radio

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Tebbit talks to Tory Radio

It takes a lot to make me me lost for words but today it happened.

I don't know what I expected when I knew I was going to meet Lord Tebbit. Here was a figure who was invovled in politics at the highest level when I was a lad. Here was a man who was a key member of the Thatcher Government. Here was a man who took on the Unions and won.

Here was a man who told me not to tell his secretary that he had forgotten he was meeting me, or he would get in trouble.

Here was a man who when I asked him if there was any decision he could change in his political career, he said to me that he would change his marginal decision whether on the Thursday evening of the party conference in 1984 he would to stay on in Brighton to be on the platform hte next day for the Prime Minister's speech rather than as hed been thinking, nipping off early and going home.

That really puts life into perspective doesn't it!

The two part interview I have just been putting together is a real insight into Lord Tebbit and what he stands for. It will probably be quite an eye opener to those who only know him by whats written about the man.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to this after reading the Telegraph's article about your interview, Jonathan.

4:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PodcastAlley.com Feeds Listed on BlogShares